Position: Systems Analyst
Organisation: National Computational Infrastructure
Closing Date: 20 November 2020
About: The successful applicant will lead the identification and analysis of solution requirements for the design and implementation of digital environments and data-intensive systems to meet the complex needs of NCI’s research communities across NCI’s priority domains, such Climate, Weather and Earth Observation Systems, Geosciences, Astronomy and other nationally significant research areas. The activities span a range of HPC and Big Data developments that require a well-developed understanding of advanced and commodity ICT technology and scientific computing environments as well as the systems and services needed for data-intensive analysis – particularly within the earth system and geospatial sciences. The role involves liaising with partners and stakeholders, working with project managers, infrastructure developers and system administrators.
NCI is seeking applicants with skills & experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of the complex and emerging high performance computing, cloud and data-intensive analysis technologies.
- Extensive experience in analysing and designing scientific technology solutions and digital environments for HPC and data requirements.
- Ability to deliver detailed materials within a project framework.
- Expertise in development of technical documentation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in stakeholder and user engagement.