Position: Software Research Engineer (Scientific Visualisation)
Organisation: Pawsey Supercomputing Centre
Closing Date: 15 March, 2020
- Assist in developing software and hardware architectural solutions
- Use your skills to solve complex problems on a global stage
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
As the Software Research Engineer, you will be working as part of collaboration of CSIRO, UWA, Curtin and Pawsey Supercomputing Centre and national and international radio astronomy research groups. You will develop the software and hardware architectural solutions for the visualisation of large astronomy datasets as required by the science cases of SKA, ASKAP and MWA as part of the Australian SKA Regional Centre. The position is a joint appointment between UWA (ICRAR) and CSIRO (Pawsey Supercomputing Centre).
Your duties will include:
- Liaise with the science stakeholders to develop software and hardware requirements.
- Develop a software solution that will enable a range of remote visualisation
- Develop architectural solutions for visualising large astronomy datasets in Pawsey Supercomputing Centre.
- Contribute adapting software solutions to visualise large-scale data in other science domains.