Position: Senior Scientific Software Engineer (DevOps)
Organisation: Australian Synchrotron (ANSTO)
Location: Melbourne (Clayton)
Closing Date: 29 March 2020
About the position
The Senior Scientific Software Engineer (DevOps) is responsible for managing the design, development and operation of specialised systems and applications, with a strong focus on providing highly reliable and performant software infrastructure to the team members of the Scientific Computing group, which supports them across the full scientific application lifecycle in a well-defined, reliable and automated way.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan, design, implement, maintain and support highly reliable and performant infrastructure systems for running software used for high throughput data acquisition, efficient processing of large data volumes and user-driven data analysis.
- Lead projects to develop new software infrastructure systems to support the scientific and corporate business need of the Australian Synchrotron.
- Support the members of the Scientific Computing team in deploying their applications on state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- Lead the exploration of new technologies, concepts and best practices in the field of DevOps and computing infrastructure.
- Facilitate and promote the adoption of procedures and best-practises applicable in a modern DevOps-oriented software environment.
For further information relating to this position please see the page on Seek or contact Andreas Moll on (03) 8540 4140.