Position: Researcher Support Specialist
Organisation: University of Otago
Closing Date: 07 October 2020
To view the full job posting or to apply online, visit the University of Otago website.
The University of Otago is seeking a Researcher Support Specialist to provide front-line incident and service request support to researchers (installing, porting, testing and troubleshooting science codes, machine and service access, job submissions and workflows). Whilst employed by and based at the University of Otago, this would be a national position within NeSI’s distributed team.
In addition to managing queries coming in through the support desk, the position would also have some externally focussed tasks. These could include meeting with researchers, contributing to and running training and workshops, synthesising researcher needs into requirements, and providing subject matter expertise into cross-functional service development efforts.
- Advising researchers on how to apply for and access NeSI infrastructure and services;
- Assisting with their workflow development and software needs;
- Assist in planning and running workshops and training courses; and
- Providing a friendly and responsive experience working with researchers across a variety of domains and levels of computational expertise.
- This is a permanent, full-time position.
- You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.