Position: Research Assistant
Organisation: Curtin University
Closing Date: 9:00 PM, Monday 6 April 2020
Job Reference: 330855
- $69,725 - $76,380 (G05) plus 9.5% superannuation
- 6 months, fixed term, full time
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry
Our School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry explores new technologies and values creative industries and social sciences. The school aims to encourage creative and critical reflection whilst engaging with relevant industries. Our courses develop and enhance the creative and professional skills of our students, to enable them to succeed in their chosen industry.
Working on the ARC project ’ Time - Layered Cultural Map of Australia’ (TLCMap). Copy and paste this address into your browser to learn more about the project:
We have an opportunity for a Research Assistant to join the team and work on a Time Layered Culture Map Project (web-based mapping and AR/MR/VR technologies).
In this role you will….
- Develop exemplars of cultural heritage data integrated with GIS data, on open source web platform Recogito.
- Develop related semantic web ontologies, features and supporting data.
- Develop working examples of cultural heritage sites on this platform along with visualisation and annotation features.
- Help integration with envisaged virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality platforms.
- Assist development of reports, tutorials, scholarly publications and grant applications.
Why choose Curtin?
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities!
- A flexible benefits package with excellent superannuation provisions.
- Wellness is part of our culture, and we encourage positive lifestyle choices through a range of activities and initiatives
- A vibrant campus with gym, child care, wellness programs, medical and counselling services!
- Curtin continues to be a leader in reconciliation in the Higher Education sector, being one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevate RAP - the highest level within Reconciliation Australia’s Workplace RAP Framework.
- The University has recently been named as one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia (DCA).
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit our website.
We are looking for someone with…
- A degree in Computational or Special Sciences, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of GIS, GeoJSON, programming, and familiarity with recent AR/VR technologies.
- Experience in Unity (3D modelling), web mapping technology and ARCORE or ARKIT augmented reality tools.
- Experience of mapping things and using devices to see it in the real world.
Please apply online with a cover letter and resume to enable us to assess your suitability for the role. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise in your cover letter.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Applications close: 9:00 PM, Monday 6 April 2020
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our careers team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Laura Keenan on 08 92664640.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.