NCI Australia and the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre have announced an accelerated access initiative, offering streamlined, prioritised and expedited access to computation and data resources to support the national and international research community undertaking COVID-19 research.
The COVID-19 special call is intended to identify and provide resources to research projects directly responding to the pandemic. Researchers can apply for High-Performance Computing (HPC), cloud, storage resources and associated expert support across Australia’s national research computation providers.
Research fields encouraged to apply will focus on tackling the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- Processing and analysing gene sequences
- Mathematical modelling of the vector stages predicting transmission and containment
- Computational predictions of protein structures associated with COVID-19 and associated biomolecular modelling
- Modelling economics of the COVID-19 global pandemic
- Population mapping and demographics
- Global biosecurity
- Epidemiological modelling
Applications are now open. To find out how to apply visit here.